Our client is one of the largest energy holding companies in the nation and a longtime industry leader in renewable energy and energy efficiency. To continue their forward-thinking efforts in the energy space, our client is looking for a Strategy Advisor who can drive strategic initiatives for their portfolio.
The Strategy Advisor will be responsible for evaluating new markets and investment opportunities (particularly in cleantech), recommending investment decisions to senior leadership, and lead strategic initiatives from ideation to execution.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform industry, market, and technology research to derive insights, solve complex business problems, and support the development of new strategic initiatives
- Analyze new business opportunities and structure plans to test and evaluate them
- Assess startups via financial models and interviews to explore potential partnerships and iterate new business ideas
- Monitor the industry to source and evaluate new business and investment opportunities in a data-driven way
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including both quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Consultative approach to assessing and resolving complex business issues
- Ability to cut through uncertainty to proactively move ideas forward
- Ability to ramp up quickly on a complex business
- Data-driven analysis skills, especially financial modeling (i.e. valuation, forecasts, project finance)
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work with all different levels of people
- Ability to lead projects and teams under a tight timeline
- Ability to move seamlessly from hands-on/tactical calculations to high-level/strategic activities
- Experience in utilities is preferred, but not required
The role will be based in the Greater Los Angeles area.
For more information, contact our Recruiting Coordinator:
Jason Roi Manayon
Please reference job number 1955 in your email.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org