Our client, Social Finance, is a non-profit dedicated to mobilizing capital to drive social progress. They believe that everyone should have the opportunity to thrive and that they can catalyze that opportunity through building innovative financing solutions and driving uncommon cross-sector partnerships. They work across education, children and families, workforce, criminal justice, sustainability, health, and homelessness. They are centered on their core values – people, performance, integrity, and collaboration.
In collaboration with the CEO and senior management, the Director will both shape and implement tthe organization’s advisory services strategy. The Director of Advisory Services is expected to deliver high quality advisory work to Social Finance’s partners including building and maintaining critical external relationships, overseeing and guiding projects, creating and delivering strong final recommendations and products and developing team members.
- External relationship management
- Build the pipeline of advisory business in collaboration with Social Finance senior management
- Serve as primary contact through all phases of an advisory project
- Project Management
- Design and structure work required to provide excellent deliverables to partners
- Drive intellectual work on the project, pursuing action-oriented recommendations that will deliver impact for partners and Social Finance
- Maintain close contact with partners (individuals and organizations) throughout the project and facilitate workshops/meetings
- Update senior management on project progress and elevate important content and issues
- Firm Building
- Collaborate across the firm to support business development and fundraising efforts
- Supporting firm’s talent management efforts via recruiting, coaching, goal setting, mentoring, and ongoing performance management
- Serving on the firm’s commitments committee
Qualifications and Candidate Background
- 7+ years of experience in a leadership role in a top-tier management consulting setting
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of:
- Specific program areas and interventions (health, criminal justice, housing, workforce development, early childhood development, education)
- Key issues in effective nonprofit management, and/or o Impact investing
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to quickly research, synthesize and summarize key lessons on unfamiliar topics.
The position can be based in Austin, San Francisco, Boston, or Washington, DC, with minimal travel.
For more information, contact our Recruiting Coordinator:
Please reference job number 1983 in your email.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org